Invitation for International Research Fellows Position
Invitation for International Research Fellow Position
University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City is a public university in Vietnam.
We are looking for interested scholars working as international research fellows in the field of international finance, macroeconomics, banking and finance, statistics and econometrics, energy economics, and energy finance.
The purpose of the scheme is to enhance international collaboration in research and publication and give local research staff a chance to develop their research skills while working collaboratively with foreign academic fellows. We provide generous funding for research projects which aim for publication in high-ranking journals.
If you are interested in being a partner with us, please find the attached details about Guidelines for New Research Fellows
There are various ways to collaborate with us:
1. International fellowship on a continuous basis
We are seeking international researchers of any caliber, from early career to well-established researchers, to collaborate with us in various research projects aiming at journal publication.
This opportunity allows international fellows to leverage their research skills by working with a young and dynamic research group in Vietnam.
- The University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City, which is one of the most generous universities in Vietnam in terms of research funding, provides research funding and encourages foreign scholars to participate in our research and teaching activities.
- The institute currently houses several external projects funded by the Ministry of Education and Training, Ministry of Science and Technology, and other local agencies. You are welcome to be a foreign partner in these projects.
- The university is also an outstanding research partner in Vietnam if you are looking for a partner in various inter-governmental research projects funded by reputable government agencies such as the Newton, The British Academy, Australian Research Council, etc. We welcome you as a foreign partner to co-apply international and inter-governmental research grants.
- The university also sets the priority to provide airfares and other travel expenses for research fellows to speak in our university events (such as conferences, workshops) or participate in some paid teaching.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV should you want to leverage your skills and to be a partner with us.
2. Full-time/Part-time Research Professor on a permanent or fixed-time basis.
If you want to make Ho Chi Minh City home for just a few years, this offer is for you. The position is research only, but you can do some off-load teaching during the year. The offer includes accommodation at our university hotel.
3. Fixed-term research fellow contract for academics who are having long service leave or sabbatical.
If you are a faculty member from a foreign university and wish to spend some time in Ho Chi Minh City for your long service leave or sabbatical, we are happy to offer you a fixed-term contract as a research fellow and/or teaching. The university provides an office, monthly living allowance, and free housing/accommodation at our university hotel in Ho Chi Minh City.
The contract could range from one year to three years. If you want to explore the culturally and business vibrant Ho Chi Minh City, this is a truly great opportunity.
4. Fixed-term research/teach fellowship contract for retired academic staff
If you are retired and still wish to contribute to the academic world, we are happy to offer you a flexible fixed-term contract as a research fellow and/or teaching fellow. The university is willing to provide an office, monthly allowance, and free housing/accommodation at our university hotel in Ho Chi Minh City.
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com